
I decided to start out with some nice violets from a friend's yard, before a final note about stupid-melody. She moved her butt out today, thank heavens. I watched her drive away just to make sure she really was driving away.
- the smell in the kitchen got better as soon as her crap was out. No surprise there.
- she did run out of gauze pads, so she 'borrowed' a roll of toilet paper from school.
- she actually kept and packed a number of empty kim chee jars as well as a yogurt container, sans lid. Even though she hasn't used any of these since she saved them, apparently she anticipates a large future need for storage jars (which reminds me of a Monty Python sketch called 'storage jars')
The shift I was scheduled for today got cancelled, this particular care center has cancelled every shift I've been scheduled for since january (its much more cost effective to pay one of your own people overtime than to pay for an agency nurse), so I spent the day cleaning like crazy. While cleaning the bathroom, much to my dismay, I discovered a heretofore unknown deposit of mildew on the bottom side of the toilet tank. I went crazy with the bleach cleaner, and I can continue the battle at regular intervals now that I know its there. I also successfully returned the sink basin to a shiny white color, instead of stained several strange purple-black shades (once again, thank you stupid-melody). On the upside, she did not make off with the shower curtain, which I was really expecting her to do since she was so incensed with me for making her pay for it.
I also cleaned the entire kitchen including the fridge and swept the floor in my new spare bedroom/exercise room, cause even though stupid-melody vacuumed it before she left, it was still quite dirty. And I vacuumed the entire apartment, much to Sephy's distress, as she is not a fan of the noise.
The apartment is awesomely clean, which makes me really happy. Its also really nice to be able to use whichever room in the apartment you feel like using without needing to avoid anyone's unpleasant presence.
On more interesting topics, here is a fun picture of Sephy, looking all cute, though she didn't look so cute last night when she was puking her guts up, seven times. She's okay now. Did you know that a cat can producing knocking noises in their guts when they're getting ready to puke? Who knew. Finally, this is the view from the cancer center, quite possibly the best view or anywhere on the medical campus, though the view from the window on the seventh floor by the elevators in the north tower of children's hospital is a strong runner up. The red brick buildings are the Wisconsin Lutheran College campus, where I'm sure their proximity to the medical campus drives up their cost of living.

.
No comments:
Post a Comment