Thursday, May 7, 2009

OB/GYN

One week left of this rotation. I think it'll go down as my least favorite rotation.

People who go into OB/GYN are very agressive. And they have to be okay with a myriad of unpleasant aromas, many of which the ordinary person never smells. If you know what I mean.

St Mary's has been a good hospital though; free lunch most days and no scrub machine to deal with. Small enough that you exchange pleasantries with the housekeeping staff after a few weeks. And close to the watertower, a fun relic of Milwaukee from back in the day;



I'm intensly grateful that this rotation is almost over because I don't think I can handle too many more hits to my self confidence.

Anyway, I need to get back to studying, using my two-song study playlist, Hymne by Era and Hysteria by Def Leppard, on eternal repeat. I don't know why this works, but it does. And I can turn it up loud enough to drown out the music stupid-melody is playing out in the living room. I haven't even plugged in my external speakers yet, but I might.

For fun, these are some shots of the tunnel between the current St. Mary's and the old St. Mary's, where we had clinic. Every time I walked through it I felt like I was stepping back in time, either into a cold war era movie or perhaps a horror flick...





























And, for fun, a few pictures I took of Sephy the other day when I was bored :)





P.S. I busted out the speakers.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Cute pictures of Sephy!