It may seem melodramatic to put it that way, but really its not. I survived ob/gyn, and hence, since psych/neuro is not usually considered one of the more intense rotations, I have survived third year. Yesterday was not only my shelf exam for ob/gyn, but it was graduation for the lucky fourth years. One more year, folks.
Wow. That seems big, now that it is sinking in.
Yesterday after my exam I treated myself to greek food for lunch (I've been operating on a reward system for several weeks now), which was great, and then ran around doing errands, since I was supposed to work today. I got all my ducks in a row; laundry done, dishes washed, food for myself and for linger longer purchased, enormous pile of papers on my dresser sorted (seriously, I wish I had a before and after pic), and I ate peach cobbler ice cream and watched Under the Tuscan Sun, which is my traditional post-ordeal movie.
It goes without saying that my shift got cancelled.
Now I am at loose ends, not a single thing needing done, and I don't know what to do with myself, because its been so long since I had free time, that I don't know what to do with it. I do plan to hit the gym, which should be great (its been more than a month) but beyond that, I have no idea what to do with myself. I'm sure I"ll think of something, though.
By the way, in order to properly appreciate the pictures of the tunnel at St. Mary's in my last post, you have to remember that the ceiling is only a few short inches above your head. When passing a person on a motorized wheelchair, you have to squeeze past. My preceptor, who is in her sixties, or maybe older, remembers when they built the 'new' (now being replaced) hospital, remembers transferring patients through the tunnel when it opened, one of them in labor at the time. Apparently it wasn't as well lit, with only light at one end and then the other (too bad it turns a corner). I can only imagine how creepy that must have been...
No comments:
Post a Comment