Saturday, October 31, 2009

fun photos from fabulous Milwaukee

So, at St Joe's there is a hallway lined with pictures of old chiefs of medicine, pretty funny pictures, and some of them quite old.



Walking past these pictures we had any number of conversations about what a great prank it would be to mess with the pictures, replace one with something goofy, maybe a shot of your neighbor, see if anyone notices... But maybe someone beat us to the punch.



Alex Trebek, anyone????


I was grocery shopping today, and while I've noticed before that in Milwaukee you can buy interesting food items at the grocery store, items that aren't normally considered food, I was struck anew by the strange possibilities; here's part of why.



The chunky texture of this combined with a knowledge of the extremely sketchy nature of the chunks... I feel that the question of why we need "hot" head cheese is eclipsed by the question of why we need head cheese at all.



I'm not sure why anyone needs industrial sized containers of lard, but this display inevitably brings to mind a certain scene in Down Periscope ( "You think we're all going to jump out of bed in the morning and have a big, hot, steaming cup of pig fat?" "Well, it depends. If its a cold morning, sir...")



I'm not sure what these are; the label was on the underside and I didn't want to touch them to find out, but my guess is that they are parts of a pig, though I'm not putting money on which parts.

To round it out, these items were all together; I just went down the freezer case with my phone, taking pictures of anything that looked like only my dad would eat it :)

And finally, here's a nice fall shot, cattails and such at the park.



.

No comments: