Pumpkin pie is fabulous.
I guess that is too short to even be haiku, let alone an ode, so I'll elaborate.
Pumpkin pie is delicious; it smells delicious while baking, tastes delicious warm, and is even more delicious eaten cold out of the fridge for breakfast the next morning. I make pumpkin pie with artificial sweeteners so I can feel good about eating it for breakfast three days in a row (I don't believe in eating sugar for breakfast). Pumpkin pie is also pretty awesome cold out of the fridge when you come home from a long day at the hospital. It makes a great midnight snack. It has a large vegetable component, which also contributes to its greatness as a breakfast food. Pumpkin pie means autumn, the scent of dry leaves in the air, the startling blue of the november sky, a hint of woodsmoke, flame-colored leaves.
I'm out of pumpkin pie, but this post has made me hungry for more. Yum!
:)
2 comments:
I'm going to make one with a crust made of ginger snaps - I think it will compliment the pumpkin pie well.
That does sound good!
Post a Comment