Saturday, October 24, 2009

14 hours of sleep

I love sleep. Alot. At the end of a very long week which has been very short on sleep, its so nice to put my phone on vibrate, turn off my stupid pager, skip the alarm, and sleep indefinitely. Hence the fourteen hours, which is not my record as far as sleeping goes. Regrettably, now I've got to look at my finances, which is always depressing, and then get going on the powerpoint for a presentation I have to do on tuesday, which is 1/3 of my grade for the month. I'm not stressed out about it at all.

On a different note, I have been asked by more than one person if I feel better, more energetic on a GF diet, and while that question is really hard to answer on insane months like this, I think I can say that I am. Because I came home yesterday after an 11 hour day at the hospital, a short day for this week, and made cookies and applesauce. In the past I definitely would not have had the energy or motivation to peel a horde of tiny apples and turn them in to applesauce, the hard way since I don't have one of those handy little devices that smushes as well as removes all the bits you don't want.

The applesauce turned out really well; a nice chunky, cinnamony applesauce that I ate some of for breakfast with some greek yogurt, quite delicious.

The cookies were betty crocker gluten free chocolate chip. Definitely a little grainy in texture, but otherwise delicious. A few weeks ago I made the brownies, they were gooy and delicious, with no noticable texture issues at all. And both heads above some of the truly disgusting GF products I've tried.

I have some fun pictures to post later, but for now, I've got to get to those projects.