So, I'm doing my surgery sub-internship at St Joe's this month, which is supposed to be a fairly laid back rotation, but is not, both because we've got a shortage of interns, one when there would normally be two, and also things have been far more than usually busy with cases, as well as having a number of patients that we can't seem to send home... Anyway, I'm all sleep deprived and such, but there are factors that make things worse than necessary, such as stinky feet. Not mine. Feet belonging to someone who works in the OR and has a locker near mine. Someone who has a major case of stinky foot. Everyone leaves their OR shoes under the benches overnight, and this woman puts baby powder in her shoes at night, which seems to indicate that she is aware of the problem, but the baby powder idea seems somewhat akin to shooting an elephant with a beebee gun. And, since I think baby powder stinks anyway, this idea is doubly questionable... I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to discover that this person's regular shoes, left in the locker room during the day, are also very stinky. Lets just say that such a severe case of stinky foot, sufficient to perfume an entire portion of the locker room, seems to warrant intervention, like discarding the shoes and socks and soaking the feet in industrial strength cleaner on a daily basis... It did, however, motivate me to swab out my crocs with the OR strength hand sanitizer...
I also came home today to several hours old kitty vomit soaked into my carpet, not sure why the vomiting in the first place, but she seems fine now. Fortunately I remembered that Windex (generic, of course) makes a great all-purpose cleaner, and I was able to get the crud out of the carpet. The funny thing is that the vomit was in a high traffic area, and the windex got it so clean that that spot is cleaner than the rest of the carpet!
In other news, my new strategy for bringing food to the hospital involves sticking the jar of peanut butter in my bag along with a few slices of bread in a ziplock. So far this is working out well.
.
2 comments:
the best remedy for stinky feet is amputation . . .
and whenever we do a picnic, I just put in a loaf of bread, a jar of pb and a bottle of jam (or honey)
Ah, maybe that's what I need to add, a jar of honey!
Post a Comment