How did I get the sunburn, you might ask? Today was intern skip day, an afternoon off arranged by they program; they provided coverage of our patients by the higher up residents, and provided tickets to the baseball game. I was post-call, so I wasn't initially planning to go, but then I decided I should make it to at least some of the activities they have, and hey I'd never been to a major league (or any) baseball game. So I decided to go. Driving around near the stadium I quickly found out that they wanted $20 for parking even a 20 minute walk away from the stadium, so I decided to park at home and take the bus, only $5. On the walk from the bus stop to the stadium I bought a hot dog from a street vendor, which I've always wanted to do (look at me, being all urban-cool again) (it was tasty, too). Then I entered at a less-convenient gate and had to walk alllll the way around the stadium... Anyway, it was kind of fun, even though we lost badly, 14-2. In the process of watching the Indians get taken to the cleaners, I got sunburned. Yay me!
1 comment:
Ok I finally got here. I purposefully got a little rosy last week as we hadn't seen the sun for month. It's actually 20 degrees warmer in Anchorage today than it is here so I'm glad I got my shot at the vitamin D since I have another month before I make it to the midnight sun.
Post a Comment