Last night kind of sucked; I'm on the cardiology unit, but because the step-down unit was full and all of the non-cardiac telemetry(heart monitoring) beds were full, we became the overflow. Which means that instead of the 3 or so admissions I would usually get, I got 5, and only one of them had a legitimate need to be on a cardiology unit. Aside from being annoying, it really sucked for morning rounds, because my attending is a cardiologist (obviously) and therefor a little out of practice with the regular medicine. Which means that rounds took longer, by a lot.
To add insult to injury, I acquired that-time-of-the-month cramps last night as well.
I finally got to leave two hours later than I was supposed to, tired and achy and full of impulse control issues.
Which led to me stopping by Jimmy Johns for some food. Obviously I'm not supposed to eat bread, but the bread at Jimmy Johns is the best bread you'll ever have on a sandwich. If you're going to eat bread when you know gluten is bad for you, it might as well be Jimmy Johns. (great logic, don't you agree?)
After which stop I decided I might as well go around the corner to Target and get a pint of the special raspberry and white chocolate flavor of ben and jerry's that is only sold at Target. While there, I realized I had a sudden, pressing need for some grapefruit juice...
You see how it goes. Luckily, in two and a half hours it'll be an acceptable time to go to bed, and that's exactly what I'll do. Its going to be fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment