So, I'm hanging out in the call room because my overnight shift is being fairly quiet, and there's some value in hiding from the nurses, and I'm thinking about how these call rooms are generally impersonal, somewhat yucky, with uncomfortable beds, and either too hot or too cold. Frequently the tubes for the pneumatic tube system are in the adjacent walls, and you can hear the capsules going past... The point is, I wonder if call rooms have always been this yucky, because back in the day... well, the term residency comes from the fact that they used to live in the hospital. When that was the case, did they live in a gross call room? I'd like to think not, but who knows?
I'm not sure I have any other deep thoughts. Not that that one was so deep.
I have enough down time that I'm actually getting tired, even though I slept most of yesterday. Poor Sephy wants me to be more interesting, but lately I have been very boring. Poor cat. It's a rough life.
I got a beautiful blue cookware set for Christmas. So far I haven't had a chance to use them much, but I'm planning to make cheese pancakes when I get home tomorrow, so that will be nice...
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment