Monday, December 27, 2010

A holiday post

I just want to put out there in the blogsphere that I am really tired. I had four days off, slept in, and then had to try to go to bed at a reasonable time last night. My internal clock didn't think much of that idea. I might have gotten 2.5 hours of sleep, but that is likely an optimistic estimate.

Hence the tiredness. Most of my team did not have Christmas off; they either had Thanksgiving off or will be having New Year's off. They are looking forward with glee to the other interns who will be covering and I getting slammed while they are off. I, on the other hand, am not so much looking forward to this.

While I was off I deleted around 600 photos from the trip Jessica, Janae and I went on this summer; when I've got it further narrowed down, I might make a video and share it via youtube or such. We'll see, because honestly, that plan sounds wildly optimistic.

I also finished knitting the back of a sweater, but have not started the front. And I discovered a new show on Netflix, called 'A bit of Fry and Laurie', the Laurie part being Hugh Laurie, who is Dr House, but is also very, very funny, especially in Black Adder, though I'm pretty sure most of my audience is not familiar with Black Adder. This new show is new only to me; it was filmed in the late 80's/early 90's, and is highly reminiscent of Monty Python's Flying Circus. That may be my only complaint, that at times it's a bit too derivative of the Flying Circus. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Its really cold and nasty here, but I am being a huge fan of my down comforter.

I'm going to bed now.

No comments: