so, I'm working a lot. I was on overnight, and there are a lot of frustrating things that happened overnight, but they don't make sense without lengthy explanation. Sufficeth it to say, I had a very frustrating night. I'm not sure when I'll stop being annoyed about it.
I recently had to upgrade to a new phone, as the old one basically wasn't working anymore, and this was bad because I use it every day at work to look stuf up and make notes to myself and to communicate... So I got an iphone 4, which is swoony and fabulous, but when I got it home, I found that it didn't like the fact that I was still using the old operating system (I bought my computer just before they came out with the new operating system, three days too early to get the upgrade for free)(I've been annoyed about that ever since, so I never upgraded) but now I found that I had to, or I'd have to start from scratch with my phone and never be able to put my music on it, or download photos... Obviously not a good option. So I had to upgrade to the new operating system. I haven't noticed a lot of differences, but I haven't had a chance to play with it much. At least the upgrade went smoothly, though it was time-consuming.
It got super-cold last week; I was forced to drag out my big honkin Carhart coat, which I would frequently wear with a fleece under it in Milwaukee. At this point I am withholding judgement as to which city has worse weather; what I can say is that living near a great lake really affects your climate. Fortunately, the worst of the lake effect snow falls on the east side, which is not where I live or work. And it turns out that my Ford Focus handles in the snow pretty well, though the heater takes forever to warm up. Thank heavens for the Carhart coat, as well as my scarves, hats, and gloves. I also recently acquired a down comforter through the mechanism of purchasing another down throw from eddie bower (they have them on major sale every Christmas) and sewing the two together. I'm very pleased with the result; its so nice to be all toasty warm...
After my frustrating, annoying night at work, I wanted to take a hot bath, which was nice, but was also hilarious to see Sephy, sitting on the toilet lid, looking at me lounging in a tub of water with a puzzled expression on her face. She can not wrap her head around why anyone would want to do such a thing...
No comments:
Post a Comment