
Its a pretty cool building, on the same block as a big police station, so its pretty safe, and there's a cafe, which I have not yet been to, and a comedy troupe that does shows on saturdays, which I have also not been to, but will, since they are good enough to be mentioned in my travel book about Cleveland. There's a gym, which is pretty decent, but no bags to kick, which makes me sad, a laundry facility with a currently malfunctioning change machine, a nice courtyard in the back (this view is of the back) with a grill, a picnic table, and some nice, comfy patio chairs for lounging in the sun and such. It also has fun decorative details on the outside of the building, and the super-fun water tower. Originally the building was used for cloth manufacturing, and the design was supposed to make it a nice place to work. No word on how that worked out.
My apartment has a downstairs, where you go down a hallway, past the bathroom,

to the kitchen/living room/dining room.



If you go back down the hall to where the front door is, you've got the option to go upstairs, where the bedroom is.



I only have a few issues with my otherwise fun bedroom; the window at the top of the stairs looks out onto the rest of the apartment, letting in only the tiniest scrap of natural light (I had to get a timer for my floor lamps to help me wake up) and the tall, tall ceiling doesn't provide quite the sense of enclosure one usually likes in a sleeping area. Those windows above the bed go up a bit farther, making for a tall ceiling. The windows are certainly an interesting detail, though not functional (there's a hallway on the other side). Overall, its quite a fun apartment.



I only have a few issues with my otherwise fun bedroom; the window at the top of the stairs looks out onto the rest of the apartment, letting in only the tiniest scrap of natural light (I had to get a timer for my floor lamps to help me wake up) and the tall, tall ceiling doesn't provide quite the sense of enclosure one usually likes in a sleeping area. Those windows above the bed go up a bit farther, making for a tall ceiling. The windows are certainly an interesting detail, though not functional (there's a hallway on the other side). Overall, its quite a fun apartment.
I also made it all the way to Whole Foods the other day without making a wrong turn. I still used my gps, but even with gps you can make a whole lot of wrong turns. Score for me!
:)
3 comments:
Cool apartment. So that tower in the first pic is the one you were telling me about? It sure doesn't look like a good setup for living in...
Very cool. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Yeah, thats the tower; it has an apartment, but its like four floors. The tower has a bigger footprint than it looks like, but its not huge or anything...
Post a Comment