Cleveland is shaping up to be a good city, but I'm still in the midst of "I can't find anything," which is probably the most annoying thing about moving. You have to start all over again finding your favorite grocery store(especially if you're looking for one that stocks a good selection of gluten-free items), the secretly-cheapest gas station around, the best store to find inexpensive business casual wear...
Anyway, I've just about got my apartment organized; all that's left is putting up my pictures, which will help make it seem more like home.
In the category of definite upsides; I'm thinking I really might be able to get away with not paying for internet (my building has internet, but there's no guarantee on quality), I get way better reception with my tv converter box than I did in Milwaukee, lessening my desire to purchase a new tv, and I get way, way better reception on my phone! Barely any dropped calls, five glorious bars of reception... Loving it. Plenty of outlets. I've also had pretty good luck with some things I adjusted to be more to my liking; I changed the hinges on my fridge to the other side (it opened away from everything, very annoying) which went really well, and I put weather stripping and such around the edges of my door, which had quite a wide area around and under it letting the words of people passing in the hallway carry clearly into my apartment, even upstairs. The outside noise is dramatically decreased, so I'm pretty pleased about that.
Now I just need to give it some time :)
3 comments:
Did you get the screen put in the lower half of the window yet? Or did you decide to forgo on it? Was Sephy wild kitty when you got back?
I have not gotten to the screen yet; its kind of a low priority right now, but not off the list entirely. Sephy was actually pretty calm when I got back but she follows me from room to room...
You'll have to send some pics of the cool pad!
Post a Comment