Thursday, January 21, 2010
Endorphins
One of the people I talked to when I was out interviewing told me about how he is retired from skiing. Not that he was ever professional, just that he went on a ski vacation with his sons, who immediately started racing down black diamonds, while he fell on his a number of times, and one time he was lying there, in the snow, and saw a tiny little girl swoop past, and then an old guy on wooden skis swoop past, and decided it was time to retire from skiing. I myself am semi-retired from skiing. Anyway, for the last year or so I've also been semi-retired from being a gym rat; during most rotations I just don't have the time or energy to make it to the gym, and the few times I have made it, I've just been really tired and not really gotten a lot out of it. This last two weeks, when I have been hypomobile due to the lack of vehicle, I've actually really been wanted to go to the gym, wanting to feel healthy and strong again. Now that I have leased a Ford Focus (for some reason you can get approved to lease a vehicle when you can't get approved to buy one) I am mobile again, so I went to the gym. I totally busted a gut, so I'll be way sore, but that's just something to brag about. I have such the endorphin rush going right now I think I may be ready to come out of retirement and be a gym rat again. The only hitch in that plan is that I am doing cardiology next month, which may take up all my time and energy again. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment