Saturday, January 16, 2010

December pictures


So, as I decided to share some of the photos from my December travels. This first picture is the sum total of my Christmas decorations. Nice, isn't it? Easy to clean up, as well. This is also a reminder of my now-smushed vehicle (pics of that to follow) which, sadly enough, looks exactly the same inside as it did before it got smushed.

This next pic is of the William H Livingstone Memorial Lighthouse on Belle Isle in Detroit. Yes, it was snowing. And colder than crap. But a fun lighthouse, worth seeing.



These next three are the Edsel and Eleanor Ford Estate, also near Detroit, which was super-awesome. It was designed to look from the outside like a group of cottages in the Cotswold (England) style, and the interior is full of antiques, paneling and fireplaces taken from english manor houses, and stained glass from old castles. All of it in excellent condition, better, actually than what I've seen in England. Sadly, they did not allow pictures inside.






This was something I saw at a gas station in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I can't think of a use for that much Wonder Bread, but it seemed worth taking a picture of.







Next we have a few pictures from the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB, where I went with my friend Erin when I was in Ohio. I thought this poster was fun, and I was glad to know that now my skills are worth even more. It goes nicely with a picture of some of the missiles, which they have brought inside, into a hanger of their own, since we lived in Ohio. It makes them seem larger, more immediate, and much more impressive.





















Here we've got the lighthouse and a large anchor at Conneaut, Ohio, on Lake Erie, where I went after my abortive attempt to sleep at a truck stop.




And finally, this is Sephy after getting back from Colorado for Christmas. She found the experience pretty stressful and really devoted herself to making up her sleep deficit.





.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Nice pics.
I'm guessing all that wonder bread was on it's way to feed homeless or something. There was a woman in our ward in CA who always had a car full of food like that and then she would hand it out to people in need.