I have just spent two hours messing with different templates and colors; I liked the blue but it was a bit chilly. Since it's plenty cold outside, it seems like my blog should fool me into thinking its warm if at all possible.
Anyway, I officially started on the residency interview trail today with my interview here at MCW. There I was, all decked out in the sweet pin-striped suit I got at Boston Store for only $100 (major sale), and my new shoes I got at the same time, also on major sale. Unfortunately, I felt that something was off as I walked from my car to the building, and as I waited for the elevator I realized what it was - the rubber bottom of the heel of one shoe was missing! No wonder one was louder than the other, and one had such better traction than the other. Fortunately the *required* tour was abbreviated, since the interview today was specifically for people who had rotated through the ER here and don't really need the tour. Even so, I slipped a few times, which made me a little nervous. Obviously I will have to get it repaired before my next interview. I'd do it myself, but it would be just my luck that whatever glue I would use would give out during another interview, one that matters more...
I am, as I mentioned in the title of this post, procrastinating. I have to do a presentation this coming wednesday on a sleep medicine topic, and I am not looking forward to it at all. I think I have decided to do the dangers of driving drowsy, get a nice little ER/trauma tie-in, but I'm still not looking forward to researching it out and creating a powerpoint and all that crap. Presentations are an improvement over shelf exams, but not by a wide margin. On the up side, sleep medicine is by far less intimidating than vascular surgery, which was the topic of my last presentation. Overall, fun times.
No comments:
Post a Comment