Other days its easy to not eat anything at all.
Black cherry kool-aid makes my heart happy. (When I was redistributing my cupboards I came across a bunch of kool-aid packets and a bunch of spenda with no bulking agent in packets just right for kool-aid)
Apple recently released a major software upgrade for the iphone which took longer to download and install than I counted on. Since I had a time crunch I had to go run errands without my phone while it kept loading. It felt weird. Really weird. I rarely leave my phone anywhere, have rarely not had it with me since June 2002.
My apartment manager finally gave our scary maintenance guys the boot. He got a real landscaping company involved and when I got home today the large yews in front of the building had been ripped out and new shrubs planted. There's a fine sheen of dirt on my window sills and Sephy was hiding in the closet, so I guess they made some noise. She's a bit of a chicken. The other day we had a major thunderstorm and I woke up in the morning to find her camped out between my legs, under the covers, which I guess felt pretty safe to her.
There is less than a week left in my third year of medical school. This is a little mind-blowing.
Back at the beginning of the month I went to the Port Washington pirate festival and also to see the light station, not a lighthouse apparently because the light perches on top of the house, which makes it a light station instead. It was super-cool, and the lady who took me on the tour told me about a maritime festival they have in august where they get four or five tall ships together and let people go out on them. If at all possible I'm planning to attend, though august is my ER elective, so we'll see what kind of time I have.
In an outbuilding at the light station there was a small museum of shipwrecks. They had shipwreck themed music playing and while I was walking around 'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald' came on. It was a little... gruesome.
I'm including some pictures from Port Washington, including the latest addition to my 'me and large anchors' album :)









2 comments:
I have almost the exact same picture of the pirates singing on the gazebo and of the breakers.
Funny how that works out. Were you able to get that shot from Hadrians wall that Jenifer and I both have?
Post a Comment