So, its been awhile since I wrote a blog post. I could say its because of work, and that is at least partially true. But lets face it, I could have found time to blog if it was really that important to me. However, I am also stressed out. I know, stressed out has been my baseline state ever since I decided to go to medical school. A decision at least partially influenced by Aunt Bee, who died rather suddenly not too long ago. She was one of the first to encourage me to be a doctor, and living in their studio apartment really helped with making it financially possible to do my pre-med courses and actually apply for med school. I also enjoyed sitting with her and hearing stories about growing up, and helping her decorate for many different holidays. I will never forget the influence she had on my life.
But I am more than usually stressed out, because I am on the job search, and even though doctor jobs are available, finding the right one is a pretty large undertaking. But let me back up.
Shortly after my last post, it was my birthday. I'll be writing a separate post on that.
Shortly after that, I had my two weeks of vacation. During that time I went on some lighthouse cruises on Lake Erie, and went on a roadtrip with my sister and niece. We explored parts of Virginia, the outer banks, and North Carolina, because I wanted to be sure that I actually wanted to move to that area. I really liked North Carolina, and that is where I'm focusing my job search.
After that, I've been working, and stressing out. Avoiding writing about it has been one way to avoid confronting it, but I've also been burying myself in re-runs of Bones, knitting an intricate scarf, and embarking on a seemingly endless shopping spree, including some things that were necessary (an interview suit) and some things that were not (new black boots). I also managed to do some hiking and exploring in the nearby Cuyahoga valley national park, and also make a later trip to enjoy the fall colors. I discovered a new farm market nearby. I snuggled with my kitties quite a lot. And I decorated this pumpkin for Halloween.
I also sent out a whole bunch of emails, went to a job fair, called some people, and eventually arranged two interviews with hospitals that I would like to work at. These interviews were last week, and my first thought would be that it is certainly nice to travel on someone else's dime. I feel like both interviews went well, and at this point we are in the waiting period, as both said they would get back to me within a few weeks. This waiting period has unfortunately catapulted me onto an even higher level of stress, since it is such a very big decision... I'll try to keep you posted.

No comments:
Post a Comment