Sunday, October 16, 2011

Random thoughts

A few final notes about moving. This time I lost stuff, which doesn't usually happen. I lost my umbrella, an Altoids tin full of quarters (no longer needed for laundry, but there's a car wash nearby and I'd like to vacuum the scum off the back seat of my car that the carpet shampooer left), and my fridge magnets, though I finally found them again. I also lost a coupon for popsicles, but it turned out to be with the fridge magnets.

I've finally got everything unpacked, sorted, put away, tossed, or re-packed into boxes (pictures and other display items that there is no room for). I've got my room properly organized. I've got a medicine cabinet put up in my bathroom, and finally found a toilet lid cover for my elongated toilet. This is important because I keep the lid down so Sephy doesn't play in the water, and closing the lid is loud and annoying without a cover. Regrettably, making the a cover happen involved three tries, and taking back the $3 covers purchased at big lots and spending more on one from target. Sad day.

Now that I have a bedroom with windows, I am much more aware of the weather than I was in my previous apartment. It seems like it is doing nothing but rain. Which is why I had to get a new umbrella right away. When its not raining, we have some pretty nice fall color going on right now.

The other day I was standing in the kitchen, eating fresh tomato sandwiches (toasted white bread, mayo, thick slices of tomato, salt and pepper) (soooo delicious) made from the tomatoes I bought from the amish, watching the deer in the backyard, eating grass and wagging their tails. I guess it was pretty good grass.

We visited an amish fruit/veggie stand down near the outlet malls in Lodi, which was a bit of a drive, but well worth it. There were amazing sales going on in all the stores, and I finally was able to find a wool blazer/jacket like I have been looking for for the past year and a half. With the caveat that I would actually like to purchase a $300 jacket, this is a very nice jacket and exactly what I was looking for. It was also on amazing sale, originally priced at $160, on sale for $64. Yay for me! I also found a new pea coat, one that is dark gray with little different-colored fiber bits in it, which are great for hiding stray kitty hairs. Also a great deal. And of course there were the tomatoes.

I started in the cardiac ICU on friday, which means you likely won't hear from me for awhile, and that I need to get to bed, but I did post some pictures from the trip Jessica and I took to Glacier National Park. Enjoy!

:)

No comments: