This summer I had a 'summer break' of sorts; after 5 consecutive floor months without a two day weekend the entire time, and then a few more intense months, I had two months of much-easier electives, two weeks of vacation, and then two more weeks of elective. This was all before I decided to move, so I was in a relatively low-stress place. I decided that with the comparative increase in down time, I should do some projects in the evening, rather than sit around watching reruns on netflix. The big project I spent most of my evenings on was one I'd already committed to and spent a decent amount of time thinking about, ie, Jenifer's landscape design. It was really nice to dust off my creative side, and quite a relief to see that I still know how to
do landscape design and still know how to draw pretty pictures. The pretty pictures being helpful for the client/sister to be able to visualize what the end result is supposed to look like, so they are motivated to take on an (enormous) project. In the end I was pretty happy with the way the drawings turned out, so I took some pictures.

The plan view drawing

The left side of the backyard

The right side of the backyard

The fire pit
Pretty awesome, eh?
2 comments:
I may be biased :), but I think they turned out great and can't wait till the yard actually looks like the drawings!
Very cool!
Post a Comment