Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Glacier National Park

After the family reunion, Jessica and I took a road trip to Glacier National Park. It was completely awesome, insanely beautiful, and well worth the drive. We brought our passports and went to the adjoining Waterton Lakes National Park in Canada as well. Even suffering from the effects of severe sunburns, it was awesome.

On the going-to-the-sun road

a mountain goat

a bear

we also saw lots of deer and lots of prairie dogs

Waterton Lakes, on a boat on the lake

The lake actually crosses the international border, and this is it

a great waterfall



One of my favorite places we went, red rock canyon

Overall, it was an amazing trip, but too short. We didn't get to do any real hiking, and there are some great hikes to go on. I guess I'll have to go back at some point.

:)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Beautiful! Hope we make it out there someday.