Wednesday, September 21, 2011

moving again...

So, my experiment with inner city living, with a cool loft apartment, is coming to a close. I find that I'm not too sad about this; in many ways, Cleveland just wasn't a good place to try it. Parts of downtown are still barren wastelands, there are no grocery stores or any other stores nearby, and there's little by way of mass transit. Oh well.

Now I'm moving back to the suburbs, to a house, and getting roommates. I know, I said I'd never have roommates again, but this is a cost saving measure which is pretty necessary if I want to stop living paycheck to paycheck for the next two years. Which I do.

I'm actually pretty excited for my new area, there are lots of trees and deer and a branch of my bank and the grocery store really close, and a washer and dryer in the basement. Yay!

The only hitch is the moving part, which is such a pain in the tush. In an effort to de-clutter, I've accumulated a pile of items to donate that is getting quite large. I figure that if I haven't used or worn it in the entire last year that I've lived here, then it goes. If its been even longer, then it definitely goes. Still, I feel like I've got too much stuff. Some part of me wants to be a minimalist, and go live in a garden-shed sized house. My more realistic side knows better.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I hear you there. It'd be fun to travel the country, living out of our little trailer, but only as long as I knew we were coming back to our spacious house that has room for everything.

Vickie said...

I always struggle with the balance between being a minimalist and the whole "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without" mantra. I find myself hoarding things 'just in case' ... But I'm working on it to.