
I had a day off, so I decided to go on an adventure. I first stopped in Vermilion, to see this lighthouse, which is only a replica of one that used to be there and got moved somewhere else, but they do light it up and it is a navigational aid to recreational vessels, so I figured it still counts...

After Vermilion, I continued on to Marblehead, where there is this lighthouse, which is the oldest continually operating lighthouse on all of the great lakes, also still used as a navigational aid, so its more of a rock-star lighthouse.

I was able to go up inside this one, for the grand sum of $2, and get the view from the top...

After seeing the lighthouses I took a ferry to Kelly's Island, where there are glacial grooves, carved into the bedrock of the island back when the glaciers were busy carving out the great lakes area. Very cool.

I rented a golf cart, easily available on the island, and went to see the grooves, across the island from the ferry terminal, then went to inscription rock, which was a bit of a disappointment because all the petroglyphs have pretty much weathered away (oddly never a problem in Utah...) and then I went to a restaurant where I ate on the patio and the food was all nicely plated and pretty with curliques and stuff on top. I'm not sure I'm actually as high class as the food was, but it was fun. Coming back on the ferry I got to see the Marblehead lighthouse doing its thing, and all the lights of Cedar Point, which is right in that area as well. It was a lovely sunny day for an adventure as well, and didn't start raining until I was driving back to Cleveland :)
On a different note, I bought these awesome rain boots online and they came in the mail the other day. I'm a huge fan.
1 comment:
Cool boots!
Post a Comment