Right now I'm working in the urgent care, instead of on an inpatient team in the hospital. Its very fast-paced, and you have to write a lot of notes, but in general its nice because you only have to deal with one problem, don't often have to follow stuff up, and (here's the kicker) don't have to roll in until 8:30. We all know I'm not a morning person. Not having to show up to work until 8:30 has (almost) made me re-think my (tentative) decision to be a hospitalist (where you can work one week on, one week off).
The (comparatively) late mornings have given me a chance to not be (quite) so exhausted, and propelled me into project-land, which is where you go when you suddenly have time available and no idea what to do with it. I've been working on the sweater I started in november when I last had time off (ie the last time I was in project-land) and over the weekend, I made a canopy for my bed, because you just don't get a good sense of enclosure with ceilings as high as mine. It is by no means the finest piece of carpentry there's ever been, but its not too shabby (except for shabby chic, which is what I was going for).
A little while ago I posted a bunch of pictures from my trip this last summer on facebook if anyone wants to look at them. I also finished the scrapbook I was making with all the bits and pieces like tickets and brochures and postcards that you collect on a trip.
I have not quite managed to catch up on sleep. However, I have vacation starting at 5:00 on friday, and will be earnestly working on my sleep deficit until at least noon on saturday. This is something I intend to address very seriously...
No comments:
Post a Comment