Friday, August 6, 2010

Random thoughts

I woke up today with a migraine. These tend to happen when I have developed a sleep deficit, then actually get some sleep; I tend to wake up with a migraine. Fortunately, I have the migraine pills. Unfortunately, today they aren't quite doing the job. Its kind of interfering with my sort-of day off (I'm on night float tonight, which means I don't have to show up during the day). These are the only days that I'm likely to get to the gym, or do stuff like empty the kitty litter box (which really needs to be emptied). These are also the only days I'm likely to be able to get down to the cafe, where our packages are delivered...

Fortunately, I don't need to grocery shop very often, as most days I can get an okay lunch at the hospital, and usually get home too late to each much of anything for dinner (its against my policy to each much just before going to bed; with my stomach issues I get full easily and stay full for a long time, and don't really get hungry very often)(a mixed blessing).

If my migraine goes away soon enough, I'm planning to make some no-bake, gluten free brownies adapted from a recipe I found in the Martha Stewart magazine, which I got in exchange for some about-to-expire frequent flyer miles. Hopefully they will turn out well.

I took this picture of Sephy after I noticed what a nice visual contrast it makes, the orange, green, orange, green... Her eyes don't usually look that green, but with the rug in the background, it looks pretty cool (I know, I'm a geek, but outside the hospital there isn't a whole lot going on in my life right now).




:)

No comments: