It seems that there is a never-ending list of things to arrange, to do, to find information about... (Just a moment of grumpiness) On the up side, the weather has been lovely (mostly), and I am working on the tan that I started when I was in Moab. Its so nice to feel the hot sun, and I don't want to be all pasty in my graduation pictures. We picked up our 'regalia' yesterday, which makes the whole thing a lot more real (moment of deer-in-the-headlights-eyes). We only have class in the morning, though, which is awesome; that's how I have enough time to work on my list o things to do and still work on my tan.
In case I didn't mention it, I went to Utah in April for a Wilderness Medicine elective at the U, and I stayed with Jamie and Rob while I was there, except for the trip to Moab. I got to see some of my fabulous nieces and nephews,go to the planetarium, Red Butte Gardens, and all sorts of fun stuff! I really liked Moab (it was way cooler than I thought it would be) (though it definitely has a hippy, yoga-and-drummers-in-the-park, yellowsprings kind of thing going on) and I went to Arches National Park while I was there, after we got done learning how to do a primary survey in the wilderness (the same as in the trauma bay, but no need to do it quickly, cause there's nothing you can do that needs done quickly). Arches was awesome! I hiked to a secret arch called Cable Arch (not a part of Arches, but nearby) and Delicate Arch, and Double Arch, and saw a bunch of other fun arches and balance rock, and petroglyphs....

Lilacs in the park (site of yoga and drumming)

Morning Glory Natural Bridge, up Negro Bill Canyon (just south of Arches park boundary)

Cable Arch (the trailhead isn't marked, but its not really a secret....)

Delicate Arch, well worth seeing in person.

Delicate Arch through the nearby Frame Arch

Double Arch

1 comment:
At least the storm is a storm of good things - graduating, moving to a new job, a really cool trip.
And nice pics!
Post a Comment