Today, in an effort to read up and get ready for the trip Jessica, Janae and I are about to take, I rediscovered the public library. (Travel books are expensive) The scent of books is familiar in a bone-deep kind of way, harking back to the fabulous Greene County Library which had a book on anything you cared to know about. The Orem library is also an awesome library, including but not limited to the awesome stained glass windows, the James C. Christensen prints, the comfy chairs, and the storytelling festival. And the awesome DVD collection. You have to pay $1, but it goes right into buying more DVDs, so who can complain? The Wauwatosa library is somewhere in the middle, not as bad as the tiny Elizabeth library (I don't know if its improved, but when we visited right after we moved there it seemed that we probably had more books in our family library than they did), but not of the same caliber as the Orem library. What's funny about looking at travel books in a library is you have to be really careful to check dates, because they never throw things away, and while some travel books maintain interest as historical travel books (they do have a copy of Marco Polo's travel book in there), others are just plain out-of-date. I was looking at a book about stonehenge and had to put it back because it was written in the 70's, and thought on the origins of stonehenge has changed so much since then that there's no point in cluttering my already overstuffed brain with obsolete theory. I was able to find some nice, recent travel books, including one called 'Don't go there!' I am interested to see if I have already been any of the places it says to avoid.
I also got a book about Cleveland, since that is where I will be moving (I think I already told everyone that). I also came across some promising listings for apartments yesterday; it looks like a fairly inexpensive city to live in, score for me! It will be soooo nice to be earning money, instead of just accumulating more and more debt.
Things are working out pretty well with the new car, most notably the awesome gas mileage. I have only had to fill the tank 3 times since I got it! Driving stick does bring out my race-car-driver side, but so far I've avoided any major speeding.

Finally, I haven't posted any pictures of Sephy lately, so here you go. Isn't she so furry and adorable?
No comments:
Post a Comment