One of the family medicine doctors I've been working with this month is basically the hateful surgery resident Jen, fifteen years down the road and gone a different direction. And by different, I mean much better. Strange to see so many similarities and such radical differences at the same time.
One more comment about roommates, past and present. They have their issues with me, complaints in mind, when they decide to start an argument. They invariably seem surprised that I have complaints in mind about them as well. What must it be like to be that confident of your own flawlessness? I wouldn't know.
I talked to someone today who was really surprised that I don't have kids. The issue of marriage didn't come up. Of course, I have been working in a population where the 14 year old pregnant girl is often a third generation single parent. At 28, I'm behind at least 4 kids and 4 baby-daddies. And a few restraining orders.
I'm getting pretty tired of the nausea and vomiting all the time. I feel like a freaking bulimic, and I have to say, I don't think bulimia is the way to go. It takes all the joy out of eating when you know there's a decent chance you'll be seeing it again. And my not-so-fabulous teeth are getting less fabulous all the time, though I'm trying to hold that at bay.
I'm getting an abdominal ultrasound and (repeat) EGD next wednesday. I'll be shocked beyond words if they actually show anything. I won't be shocked when the GI doctor asks me if my nausea/vomiting has cleared up, fulling expecting that the answer is yes. Unfortunately, it hasn't.
I actually enjoyed my family medicine rotation far more than I thought I would; it's actually on my list of things I might do. I don't know though. Sometimes I really don't want to talk to people for awhile, and that makes an eight hour day in the clinic suck pretty badly.
We got to suture pig feet the other day in lecture; my sutures looked pretty good. That pig could've gone back to his job as a foot model. I'm hoping they let me suture things next month on my ER rotation.
The snow here isn't melting. Its probably a bad sign that I really want it to be summer. The only upside is that time has been flying this year, so it'll be summer soon enough. I hope.
And finally, a random picture. This
is me hugging a redwood, back
during the 2002 winter olympics,
when we had a week off of school.
My work friend Suzy and I took a
roadtrip to northern California, to
Humbolt Redwoods State park,
and, among other things, hugged
some trees. For the record, I have
pictures of me hugging trees on
three continents and one small
south pacific island.

1 comment:
How did the Ultrasound and EGD go?
Post a Comment