Monday, November 17, 2008
So, it turns out that blogging is a great way to waste time...
I know, you'd like to think the future doctors of america weren't busily wasting time, but sometimes its pretty difficult to be productive. Like when you spent the day in clinic (I'm not a fan of clinic, its mind-numbing), like when it took 45 min to make a 5 min trip home because of a light dusting of snow (hello, this is wisconsin! you'd think people had never driven in the snow before, not that we had record-breaking snowfall last year)(unless that was the key to everyone's downfall - overconfidence), like when its hard to tell if you're nauseated because of an oncoming cold/possible sinus infection or because of the bleach fumes emanating from the bathroom (it had to be done, the mold/mildew was taking on life of its own, holding conferences, inviting friends over...) and when you're just plain tired. It turns out that it takes a while to come down off the inpatient-high-alert mode, two weeks apparently. This last friday, when I was feeling otherwise okay (other than a tooth that can't decide if it's got a problem or not) I went home and suddenly crashed, sleeping for about 16 hours, truly a feat of sleep. My previous record has been 14 hours, after some particularly long stretches of days worked in a row back in my Eastlake Care Center days. Anyway, I'm also actively procrastinating looking up hydrocele and bleeding disorders. My preceptor down in Racine doesn't let me do anything, just gives me assignments of things to look up, and then I'm supposed to be able to discuss them later. Hydrocele, for instance, hmmm... nevermind. I was about to share a little tidbit that might be considered tasteless by those not in the medical community. It is sometimes hard to remember to think about things like that, since I spend almost all my time with fellow medical professionals. So back to the procrastinating; a few episodes of Scrubs, possibly a trip to the hall closet to dig out my electric blanket (on of the best things ever invented, though the cheap ones pill like crazy)(its worth it to be warm), a leisurely shower, and eventually I'll get around to it... wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment