So, its been awhile since I posted any pictures of my kitties. And while it has also been awhile since I posted at all, and there is some important news at the very bottom of this post, I also don't want everyone to be deprived of images of how cute my kitties are. So, here we go. First are two pictures of Mimi Rose, my most recently acquired kitty, and the one to put me right on the crazy cat lady line (in my head three is the borderline number). After being really scared and hiding all the time for about the first two months or so
that I had her, she eventually found her spine, and now has fully instituted her 'no calorie left behind' policy. She is constantly convinced that she's about to starve to death, including while actually eating, and makes sure that there are no spare morsels of anything edible left sitting around. She has been known to bite through two layers of plastic bag to get the cookie inside, which she then devoured.
Mimi Rose was only a teenage mom when her prior family gave her up to the humane society; now she has grown into a solid kitty, a little bigger than the others, but remains ladylike. When she takes a swing at the others, it really looks like girl fighting, though she is taking lessons from Patty Cake, where she gets on her back and gets right up close to Patty Cake and bats at her until a fight ensues. Patty Cake is Mimi Rose's sensei. They may also be slowly developing a friendship, and have been seen to lick each other's face fur.
Patty Cake is as much a snuggle bug as ever, and now gets to wear a little jacket, similar to a thunder shirt for dogs, which has really helped her chill out and feel more secure, spending less time fighting with the other kitties and more time seeking cuddles.
She isn't the brightest cat there's ever been (a door that is open almost far enough for her to fit through is an insurmountable barrier because she doesn't understand the proper use of her wedge-shaped head), which is why her new trick is very surprising. When its kitty treat time I drop her treats over the side of the chair, because she bit my fingers a few too many times, and they tend to bounce, making her chase them down. Apparently she doesn't like having to do this, so she started trying to catch them as they fell with her oversized paws. She's actually gotten pretty good at catching kitty treats, making about 60% of her attempted catches, but then has to drop the treat on the ground to eat it, because she's not able to open her paws just enough to eat the treat from her paws. Its pretty funny to watch.
![]() |
| Here Patty Cake was sleeping in the crook of my arm, a very happy kitty. |
Sephy is getting quite middle-aged, and set in her ways. She has always been a puker, and her thing these days is to puke on the floor if she thinks I've been gone too long or she hasn't been fed in too long. These are based on pretty arbitrary timing, understandable only through cat logic, but as a result I'me going through a lot of carpet cleaner, because cats believe pretty strongly that puke goes on the carpet, not the hardwood, and not the tile.
She loves to sit on my lap, though does not like to be pet while sitting. She is very appreciative of Patty Cake's chill-out jacket, because
overall she is not too interested in fighting. She's
overall she is not too interested in fighting. She's
more a live and let live kind of cat. She has been biting all my houseplants, which is not good for them, so I grew her a crop of cat grass, which she has been devouring. Obviously she was missing some greenery in her diet.
I recently got an electric blanket, and the girls are a big fan of that, flaking out on the bed to enjoy the warmth.
My electric vacuum is set to run every day, and it never ceases to amaze me how much hair and dirt it picks up every day. Three cats and one long haired adult human female shed a lot.
On a different note, I went a few hours west to the mountains and took some pictures of some pretty nice waterfalls just off the Blueridge Parkway.
And finally, last but not least, I've accepted a job at the hospital in Marion, Indiana, and will be moving at the end of May/beginning of June. Of the several options I had available, I think this one will work out the best and am looking forward to a new place.








2 comments:
Congrats on the new job and the upcoming move!
Lovely cats and lovely scenery. And congrats on the job. I'm sure that is a relief!!
Post a Comment