Monday, October 19, 2015

Random Thoughts

So, I went to Peru, which was awesome, and I posted a whole bunch of pictures on Facebook, which I encourage everyone to look at, though I will post a few here as well in a later post.  Those without Facebook accounts live with people with facebook accounts, and since I didn't post them all to one album, I can't really share a link.  Anyway.  It was a great trip, and aside from times when I was afraid I might freeze to death, limited to when were were high up in the Andes, it was also not dangerous at all.  Jamie and I went together, and we're still friends and everything :)

Since getting back I have been resting, doing laundry, working, and after that, doing yard work.  August got really hot, with no rain, and a lot of plants that I had planted died, in spite of all the money I spent on watering :(  Fortunately I bought the plants at Lowes, and they'll give you the money back if they plants die, so I've been bringing in dead plants, replacing a few, and getting a few other supplies.  I have a lot of yard projects still to do, because after I built my shed and made it all pretty, one of my neighbors decided to complain to the town planning board because it was too close to the property line.  Cause he's a super nice guy that way.  So I had to build a new platform and pay someone to drag the shed from point A to point B, then move all the solar panels.  I'm still in the process of moving the block from the original platform to make a pathway in front of the shed and a step in front of my deck.

All of which is pretty ironic because I've decided to move on to a different job.  I started searching in the last week and am following up some leads now.  I'm looking to stay in North Carolina, but we'll see how things go.

I had a morning epiphany (I know, weird, right?)(when do I think clearly in the morning?) about why my kitties fight so much.  Partially, of course, its because they're bored.  But the other reason is because they have dramatically different personalities, which is to be expected, since I got them in widely differing parts of the country, and they kind of are representative of where I got them.  Sephy, who I got from a friend out in Utah, is a pretty chill western girl, could be a ski bum for a couple of seasons, but has a hint of Ute indian 'I will shoot you for swimming in my reservoir' going on as well.  Patty cake, who I got in Cleveland, is totally a northerner, a carpetbagger, a brash, 'move out of the way because I'm coming through' little miss who thinks she's the queen of the world and isn't afraid to pick endless fights to try to prove it.  And for the misinformed, Cleveland is not part of the midwest; northeast Ohio is more part of industrial Pennsylvania and all of that than anywhere else.  Mimi Rose, who I got here in North Carolina, is pretty much a southern belle, very sweet, gentle, ladylike, and only willing to defend herself after extreme provocation, which Patty Cake provided, and then she's very territorial.  I can totally picture her flying a rebel flag a hundred years from now.  Which she would need to do, because she's not aggressive enough to win against Patty Cake.

Anyway, that's probably enough of my crazy cat lady ramblings for now.  Be reassured that I still have no cat decor, cat related clothing, and my house is kept clean and odor free.


  

2 comments:

Vickie said...

are you going to report your neighbor when you move?

Jena said...

Certainly the temptation will be a lot stronger, without any real reason not to. I haven't decided for sure though.