Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas in North Carolina

So, this is my first Christmas in North Carolina.  It is currently 52 degrees and sunny, both conditions that I am pretty happy about.

I am a little in a weird place emotionally.  I still don't know a lot of people outside of work, and the people from work tend to be at work when I have time to hang out.  That said, I'm pretty used to doing stuff on my own anyway, and am in fact very spoiled by my absolute freedom in that area.  But today, I'm a little lonely. I finished a seven day stretch at work at 3:00 this morning, and have a random ER shift the day after tomorrow, so going anywhere is not an option.  I am a little less sad about this than I otherwise might be, because comparatively, I've been able to see quite a bit of family in the past couple of months.  There was, of course, the family reunion this summer, prior to which I spent some time with Janae when she came out to Ohio to help me move.  I spent two weeks with Jessica in Greece.  More recently I was able to see Jenifer and family when she had her baby, and also see Mom at that time, and then again when they blessed the baby.  I went to California around Thanksgiving, spent a few days with Jeff and went to Uncle Jerry's house for Thanksgiving, and just last week or so, I took the train to Washington D.C. and met up with Jamie, Robert, and Brandon for a day of sightseeing.  Whew.  So I've been able to hang out with a considerable number of family members lately, much more than in recent years.  So I guess I'm ok just hanging out with the kitties today.

I have a plan to have a luxurious bath in the awesome claw-foot bathtub, sip some hot chocolate in front of my cute little furnace shaped space heater (only $60 at Lowes, and very nice for my sitting area which is right by the sliding glass door), and call some people.  And go to bed early, since work is *exhausting*.  (It was a crazy week).  And I have some gifts to open :)

Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Merry Christmas Jena!!