So, it's been awhile since I last updated; since then I have finished residency (yay!), found a house and moved into it (sight unseen)(again)(I did see pictures)(its super cute and just the right size for one person)(I'll share pictures at some point, but not yet)(because I haven't taken any), went to the family reunion, had an extremely stressful return trip and nearly didn't get to bring my luggage to Greece, went to Greece (I'll share some pictures of that at some point too)(it was awesome), came back and studied for boards, took the boards (thank heavens that's done)(though I don't find out for three months if I passed), and now I start work tomorrow.
Anyway. Making all that work out in the right order was a bit on the stressful side, but now we're just down to the stress of starting a new job, but I figure it'll be a lot better than residency, because in real jobs they're not actually trying to kill you. They actually want you to live, and work for them for awhile. They have a retention committee, which strikes me as a promising sign.
It's a little ironic that I was trying to shift my work wardrobe to a little nicer so I would have some appropriate work wear when I started my real job, and it turns out that at my real job, they wear scrubs. Not that I am complaining, but seven pairs of navy blue scrubs cost a chunk. And take up more space in a washing machine than you would think.
I'm kind of excited for my seven days on, seven days off schedule; on my off weeks I'll actually be able to get stuff done, have a real life. I'll have time and energy to cook, and exercise, and go on adventures. I went grocery shopping yesterday and just bought groceries for the week, knowing I'd have time to get the store again in about a week. No more waiting six months to go to the dentist because you can only make an appointment on your vacation time. This is going to be awesome.
What is not awesome, but has the potential to be, is the new robotic litter box I purchased, because there's not really space for the big litter boxes I had before and I just don't want to scoop it old-school. Patty Cake is fine with it, but Sephy thinks its evil, and going to eat her. She let me know how she felt by pooping in my bathroom. After a few more incidents, i decided to get a bunch of pet gates and incarcerate Sephy in the part of the house with the litter box, and no other surfaces that might seem suitable for pooping. Right now she'll use the box, then dart out as quick as she can, like there's a scary movie playing in there. And she watches very closely whenever it's doing its cleaning rotation; maybe she is checking for teeth.
I'm having fun with my little yard; it's small enough that's it's not too big of a hassle, big enough to be a little oasis. I have a little deck, and a bunch of flowering shrubs, and I bought a little storage shed to put some tools in (the plastic RubberMaid kind, not wood). It's fun to make plans, and do some pruning and some weeding, as well as sunbathing...
Though I haven't done as much sunbathing as I would have liked, since its rained a lot. Everyone says its very unusual. For me, it reminds me of my first year of med school, when there would be beautiful weather the entire time we were studying for an exam block, and then the weather would be awful as soon as we finished exams. It was certainly sunny most of the time I was studying for boards, and has rained both days after.
I have unfortunately discovered that my favorite flavor of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Peach Cobbler, is available at my local grocery store. Unfortunate because now I'll eat a lot more than intended.
My new house has a claw foot bath tub. And some brave squirrels. And a front porch swing.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment