Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Random thoughts

I'm actually a little hesitant to write this, but it looks like spring might finally be here. The source of my optimism is that it has been warm two days in a row, to the point that I was able to sleep with my windows open, and I actually had to turn on the AC in my car.  Hopefully the weather will not decide to smite us because I mentioned this.  That said, warm weather is a truly beautiful thing.  The flowering trees are in bloom and their perfume is everywhere.  I'm sitting outside in my hammock chair, watching patty cake as she watches me sadly from the other side of the screen door.  She thinks she should get to come out and play too.  I disagree.  Poor kitty.

Magnolia in bloom, love it!


There are only 60 days left of residency.  Yay!  (extremely) Also, my medical license came through today, go me!  One more thing to check off on my list prior to the start of my real job.

I went hiking in the Cuyahoga National Park the other day with a friend, and we came across a waterfall we were not expecting.  It was really fun to have that sense of discovery, coming around a corner and whoa, a waterfall.  It was pretty cool.

The waterfall we were expecting.  

The waterfall we were not expecting.  
The waterfall we went to look at after finding the unexpected waterfall, because, come on, if you're going to look at waterfalls, you might as well look at them.  

I am thinking of getting a moving company to move my stuff, since I have this moving allowance and all.  It would be nice to not have to deal with a u-haul, especially with how slow you have to go.  I'm not sure though, given the history of breakage and theft by the movers every time we moved growing up.  I'll need to do more research, I think.

:)

No comments: