Thursday, March 28, 2013

Random thoughts

So, my random thoughts of the day...

I have a cold, maybe a light case of the flu; either way, I've been sick for five days now, and its getting old.  I ran out of mucinex and didn't get more right away, so my sinuses started clogging up, and I've been coughing my head off, and after getting the body aches to go away initially with a nice ginger bath, the aches are now back...  Basically I'm feeling whiny.  I have been staying home from work, but feel like I better suck it up and go tomorrow because its my clinic day, and if they have to get someone else to cover my clinic, I'll have to make it up to them later, which always sucks...  I did venture out to the drug store today and got more mucinex, decongestant, cough drops (I was out), and DayQuil.  So hopefully I can make it through.

My place of future employment finally got me the contract, and I reviewed it with a lawyer, as these things are done in medicine, and sent them back a list of things I'd like clarified, and am waiting to hear back.  It's been awhile now, but considering how long it took them to send me the contract in the first place, I guess it's just not a high priority for them.  I am mostly done with the credentialing and licensing paperwork, so that's nice.

I really want it to be spring and warm up, but the weather has other ideas.

I recently had to start sleeping with carpal tunnel braces on my wrists, because I am old, and type a lot for work.  I also recently had to start using a cpap machine at night, because I have sleep apnea.  I am feeling more and more decrepit by the day.

On the plus side, there are 93 days until the end of residency.  I now have an app for this.

And I'm going to wear purple tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry you're feeling so crummy- that's no fun at all. Did you try to call while you were on your drugstore run? LMS' vilo-in lesson was just starting, so I couldn't take the call.

Yay for progress (even if it's slow) and apps for fun things like residency countdowns!

Are you wearing a red hat too?

Vickie said...

93 days doesn't sound like much. Feel better soon!