So, this is it, 2012, the year of the zombie apocalypse...
On more immediate things, I had way too many migraines on my four days off for Christmas, and decided that enough is enough and put myself on some migraine prevention medication, which seems to be working, preliminarily. There have since been several occasions when I would normally get a migraine, and did not. Yay!
Also in the 'yay' department, I am done with the MICU (medical ICU) again for awhile. I actually don't mind too much being there; the pace is fast and things are usually fairly exciting and interesting, but its so exhausting. Thus the 'yay'; I get to get some sleep...
I am also finding myself watching episodes of Shaun the Sheep, which I was introduced to at Jenifer's house over Christmas. Its pretty entertaining, and Shaun is an amazingly intelligent and charismatic... sheep:)
I was out with a friend last night and we went to a vintage toy store. They had all sorts of fun stuff from back in the day; original smurfs, my little pony, strawberry shortcake, legos, gi joe, plus lots of reproduction stuff, more recent stuff, and classic stuff like whoopi cushions and fake dog poo. What I was most excited about was the garbage pail kids, which I purchased three packs of, still with the gum inside, though it did not smell like gum anymore. I guess its too much to expect 30 year old gum to smell like gum... Anyway, I actually got some stickers that I remember from my early childhood, so I was pretty excited about that.
I also leased a new car, as the lease period on my old car was just about up. I was actually post call on new years eve, and remembered that I had intended to find out if there were better deals available at years end than a few weeks later at the beginning of he year, so I called the dealership to ask, and they said yes, so I went on over... After a ridiculous 6 hours, I was in possession of a newly leased vehicle, though I still can't tell if I got taken to the cleaners. I was so exhausted that its a possibility, but salesguy did seem like a really decent guy, so we'll just hope for the best. I'm still getting used to being back in an automatic, and for some reason I keep forgetting to turn on the headlights at night, possibly because the dash lights are unusually bright...
2 comments:
So what car did you end up with this time?
Its another ford focus, this time a light greenish blue
Post a Comment