I'm lying here, not wanting to try to sleep, because I'm fine as long as I'm awake, but if I start to fall asleep and then get paged, which is what always happens, then I'm really grumpy. Really grumpy. I don't mind being awake, but I do hate waking up. Not that this is a surprise to anyone. It's better to stay awake, is my point.
I'm not sure I've shared my new favorite thing, cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter, from peanut butter and co. It's awesome eaten by the spoonful, right out of the jar, but also great on apples. Tasty and delicious.
I pulled out my electric blanket last night, since it was a bit chilly, and miraculously enough, it still works! This will be three years, which is unheard-of. Electric blankets are a product with obsolescence built in, generally after six months or so. What I'd forgotten was how much Sephy loves electric blankets; she stretches out, extends her legs, maximizing how much of her surface area can be in contact with the glorious warmth from below. It's funny to see the shift from curled-up kitty to flaked-out kitty.
I am sore everywhere because I was playing racquetball. I guess I'm bragging, both about my sore muscles and that I was playing racquetball. I do feel a bit old, though.
I did my first thoracentesis earlier tonight (that's where we stick a needle into the space around your lung and drain off fluid that's not supposed to be there). Go me! I didn't drop a lung or anything...
The mattress in this call room is very uncomfortable.
2 comments:
Have you lined up another program, or are you going to be able to stay at the one you're at now.
Thanks for the suggestions about the curl enhancing hair products- I'd completely forgotten about them. I'll have to give them a try!
Post a Comment