Monday, August 24, 2009

Janae's visit

Janae came to visit during a weekend that I randomly had off, though she did get to wait at the airport for my morning shift to get over. We had some fun going to the Irish Festival where we saw some fun bands and received free foam lobsters on sticks, courtesy of the Nova Scotia tourism board.

The next day we went to Port Washington, home of the pirate festival, and went to the Maritime festival. First we swung by the ligtht station, then we went out on a ship called the Friends Good Will, which is a square topsail sloop, and which I got to steer for a while, and we passed close to the current lighthouse out on the end of the breakwater. Janae and I both bought fun flower necklaces, though of course mine is cooler than hers, and we took pictures with a large anchor :)




No comments: