Monday, July 13, 2009

studying for boards

So, coming up in 10 days, unless I reschedule it, I have to take the lovely CK (clinical knowledge) part of Step 2 of the board exam. Which means I am spending as much time as possible studying, including doing practice questions. Of course, half of the value of practice questions is the explanation of the answer. Reading the explanation you find that sometimes you weren't even in the right ballpark; other times you were standing so close to the answer you didn't cast a separate shadow, but you're still wrong because of some incredibly tiny, nit-picky, hair-splitting detail... I just experienced a moment of profound irritation with the USMLE world question bank, so now I am updating my blog.

I guess I am grateful that my brain does not currently hurt.

I've been wondering if I should schedule, but I think that if I manage to concentrate until the 23rd, I'm going to just go for it and stop torturing myself. I was talking to a third year resident friend of mine at church yesterday and she was very sympathetic, gave me the whole 'I've been there, we've all been there, you'll get through this' which actually did make me feel better, but I could also tell she was thinking 'and thank heavens I'm not there anymore,' which I recognize, because I think that myself whenever I see the first and second, and now third year students. That's the upside, I guess. At least I'm not back at the beginning.

On a brighter note, I got Sephy a kitty bed, and she actually likes it. I thought the second picture was hilarious. I had to put one of my small wool blankets in it because the lining is synthetic and Sephy is a bit of a snob when it comes to fibers.

.











A bit ago I had a whole bunch of cute things in mind to write, but they have disappeared in the wake of my study annoyance. I'll try to be more entertaining later.
:/

No comments: