I'm sitting in Panera as I start this
post, having just eaten a half of a frontega chicken panini. Thankfully,
I am full now, the chips going into my purse to maybe eat later. Or
not. I've had to make peace with throwing out food. There are several
massively obese individuals here in the restaurant that serve as
reminders to myself why getting bariatric surgery was a good thing.
Not only am I a lot healthier now, but I'm also able to do physical activities that would have either been a struggle to do before, or outright impossible. My last two major trips, hiking in Peru and diving in Belize, are evidence of this. I am very grateful that I could go on these trips and enjoy them, rather than having to force myself to tackle the effort. The trip to Greece, while fun, fell a lot into the 'forcing myself to tackle the effort' category. I was also able to bust out a mile run at the gym the other day and didn't even feel like I was dying, which is a huge improvement.
That said, I've also been going to physical therapy for alignment issues, a type of PT called PRI, which is pretty cool. You do all these obscure exercises to strength certain muscles and improve your body mechanics. It's really been helping.
The reason I'm sitting in the Panera writing a blog post on my phone is because my landlady is showing my house right now. The first thought I had when she called the other day was 'I guess I'd better fish the dive gear out of the tub, then,' which then struck me as a funny/strange thought. In case you are wondering why my dive gear was in the tub in the first place, it is because a friend who is a long-time diver recommended a good soak in fresh water to remove the post-trip aroma that dive gear likes to have. When I came back from Florida, where I did my certification dives, I just left everything on the back deck for several weeks, which turned out to be a sub-optimal way to handle it, which I learned as I was scrubbing pine pollen out of every imaginable nick and cranny. The tub worked out better.
I am currently between jobs, and therefore less stressed than I've been in forever, though the lack of an actual closing date on the house I'm buying is a little stressful. But we'll get there. The contemplative nature of this post is evidence of my more relaxed state of mind. Oddly, I'm a little jealous of myself, like I'm so used to being insanely stressed out that I have difficulty processing that it's actually me having less stress right now. I keep finding myself mentally searching for sources of stress, and have to keep myself from magnifying things like 'maybe the new job won't work out' and 'who is going to help me unload my uhaul if the closing is delayed.'
On a different note, I'm surprised at how many people have asked if I'm bringing my cats when I move. Not only have I never considered not bringing my pets with me, but the people asking all know what a crazy cat lady I am, that the kitties are my fur babies. Maybe in the south leaving your pets behind when you move is an ok thing to do. *shrug*
It is probably time to stop procrastinating and start putting things in boxes, however. Fortunately I kept all my boxes from my last move, because only a fool throws out perfectly good boxes. I have more coming in the mail from Uhaul as well, but they aren't here yet. Those wardrobe boxes are awesome, as a side note.
I unexpectedly have more frozen food on hand than I planned. I'm not sure if I should try to force myself to eat it all, or just give it to Janae. If I was going to be able to get right into the house when I get there, I'd stick it all in a cooler and bring it. However, it looks like I'll be hanging out in a hotel for at least two nights, so...
At some point I'd probably like to stay somewhere, but at this point, I'm not even sure what that feels like. I might end up with itchy feet if I stay in one place too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment