Saturday, December 10, 2011

random rambling from an overly tired mind

So, lets just say I had a pretty stressful month in the cardiac ICU. I may have PTSD, in fact. That said, it shouldn't really be surprising that my next month, a nice, relaxed radiology elective where no one but me noticed if I was there or not, resulted in not only a lot of catch-up sleep, but also an escapist descent into project-land.

To preface the time spent in project-land, I should mention that near the end of my PTSD-inspiring CICU month, I was seized by the sudden, urgent need to own a certain pair of boots made by KEEN, which is my favorite brand of shoes. Regrettably, these boots were last years boots, and thus very hard to find. After an extended internet search I was able to find and purchase these boots, and they are indeed awesome.




The thing about boots though, is you have to wear them with either skinny jeans, which are a trend I absolutely refuse to be party to, or with a skirt. Thus, just as I was about to enter project-land, I found myself in need of more skirts to wear with my awesome boots. Logical, right? Obviously the next step was to go to the fabric store, where I made the mistake of having a specific fabric and color in mind. I'm on a wool kick, and rust orange is my favorite color, so... The fabric store did not have rust orange wool. It did have jewelry making supplies, so that was the first foray into project-land, some necklaces and some rings. Fun times. And I again turned to the internet, and found not only some rust orange wool, but some lovely lighter rust orange wool in a herringbone pattern. Suddenly it was clear that two skirts were necessary. While waiting for my wool to arrive, I sorted all of my scattered and disorganized crafty stuff, and worked on a few scarves. Then my wool came, and I made a skirt, then another skirt, then a small bag for holding essentials to transfer from purse to purse (because over the past few years I've suddenly started collecting purses) and you just never know when you're going to need to trim a hangnail, or pull your hair back... Then I planned to make a few more rings to give away, and

BAM

Suddenly found myself back on night float, with no time to visit project-land. But I was mid-project! It should now be super-clear why I'm so tired, and the good news is that I have finished up my remaining projects and organizational endovors, and am now prepared to do nothing but work and sleep for the next two weeks. Yay. The other good news is that I don't have to go back to work until 24 hours from now, and I'm pretty much planning to sleep most of that...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yep, I LOVE those boots! I'm going to have to see if I can find some in my size now.... How did I miss seeing that style last year?

Vickie said...

Very cute boots. My black knee high boots were worn out and so when we packed for the move they got tossed. The last 2 months I have wished I had them - but I only have two weeks until Christmas when I should get a new pair. I also ventured in to skirt making this month, but didn't finish anything yet. I'd love to see the skirts you made. =)