So, I scheduled my cardiology rotation for February on purpose; I figured I needed the rotation because a whole lot of heart stuff comes through the ER, but there seemed to be a strong chance that it would suck, so I scheduled it for the shortest month to end the agony as soon as possible. That said, I've gotten really lucky. The interns are all great, we have two senior residents, one is great, the other can be a pain but isn't always. The cardiology fellow is great, and both our attendings have been great, though the one covering last weekend was awful, as in horrible, as in well, yuck. (I'd go into details, but if you've never been on rounds, its hard to understand exactly how awful it is to be rounding for six hours) (that's not all, but to go into more details might involve a HIPPA violation).
Anyway. Today we almost admitted someone with an infected diabetic foot ulcer that you could smell from outside the room. He was septic, so our attending got him sent to medicine, which made sense, as he wasn't having any cardiac issues.
I guess the point is its not sucking too badly, though that can always change.
I'm having fun converting things I don't use and don't want to move into cash via ebay. Every time I think I've listed everything that's worth anything, I think of something else... Its actually pretty exciting, checking in periodically to see how your auction is going.
:>
No comments:
Post a Comment